Links & Resources
There are many great Jamaican and International restaurants in the Montego Bay area. Though most guests, our family included, agree that our Chef, Karilla, will prepare you the best meal on the island! She can prepare most anything that you would like (that is available on the island).
That being said, there are great restaurants in the area, some just minutes from the villa.
- One of our favorites is The Houseboat Grill. It is best to make reservations, as this is a popular restaurant not only for tourists, but for locals as well. It is a short walk but we suggest having Annette arrange transportation for you. Ask to be seated on the roof top and enjoy the night air and great view (this is a must). A bit of history, the houseboat once was used on the set of the movie Papillon, and the actor Steve McQueen stayed in the houseboat while ﬁlming. It was also operated as a fondue restaurant and owned by Mr. Tim Moxon, who was 006 in the ﬁrst James Bond movie, Dr. No; another movie ﬁlmed in Jamaica.
- Another favorite is The Montego Bay Yacht Club.
- It too is a short walk, but we suggest arranging transportation. It is a great local place for lunch or dinner with a varied menu. You can swim in their pool or stroll down the docks and take a look at the yachts or the cruise ships across the harbor. Try a frozen lime squash to cool you off!
- The Hard Rock Cafe is new to the area and is located in the Secrets Hotel complex. It is about a 15 minute walk from the villa, and is the closest restaurant/beach combination. Ask Annette for complimentary passes to get onto the beach.
- The Pelican Restaurant is a local favorite located on the Hip Strip in Montego Bay. Annette can arrange transportation for you. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it is casual, family dining. Do not miss the conch chowder! My kids’ favorites are the milk shakes.
- The Sugar Mill Restaurant is elegant dining located near Half Moon on the east side of MoBay. You will need reservations, and ask to be seated outside under the sea grape trees.
- Marguerite’s By the Sea is an upscale restaurant next to Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville. Marguerite’s attire is dressier than Margaritaville, where you dress down or just wear your bathing suit. Both are located on the Hip Strip and worth a visit.
- The Dragon Court Restaurant has great local and international Chinese food. Yes, there is local Chinese food! It is a great change of pace and is located down the road in the Fairview Shopping Centre.
- Jerky’s, also located in the Fairview Shopping Centre, is close with great local jerk chicken, pork and ﬁsh. Try it with hot scotch bonnet pepper sauce.
- Scotchie’s is another great jerk spot located on the east side of town. If you are on that side, deﬁnitely stop by for jerk chicken and a Red Stripe.
These are just a few, so ask Annette for other recommendations based on your tastes.
- Check-In & Check-Out: Check-In is 3:00pm and Check Out is 11:00am. Please adhere to these times as the staff needs to ready the villa for incoming and outgoing guests.
- Meals: Meals will be served on the veranda unless you want a formal meal, which would then be in the dining room.
- Meal Scheduling: Coffee in the Gazebo will be available at 7:00 for the early risers. Please inform the Chef if you would like your coffee earlier in the morning. Breakfast is planned around 9:00am, Lunch around 1:00pm, Appetizers at 6:00pm and Dinner around 7:30pm. These are recommended times and can be ﬂexible. You can discuss this with the Chef upon your arrival to pinpoint a time to suit your schedule (if you have one). We can be ﬂexible to meet your needs.
- Special Requests: Please let all staff know if there are any special requests or conditions we should know about such as food or other allergies, diabetes, etc.
- Designated Smoking Area: Smoking is allowed outside by the pool/gazebo area only. Absolutely no smoking is allowed in the house.
- Illegal Substances Prohibited: No illegal substances are allowed at any time on our property!
- Additional Guest Limitations: People other than those in the Rental Party specifically set forth in the Short Term Rental Agreement may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the maximum occupancy limit agreed to in the Short Term Rental Agreement. No un-registered persons, including drivers, are allowed in the villa without prior approval of the owners or the head of household, Annette.
- Noise: Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Please be aware that code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
- Proper Care: Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Damage: We operate on the honor system, so in the event there is damage to furniture or ﬁxtures or anything is lost, broken or damaged we do expect to be compensated.
- No Pets: Pets are NOT allowed.
- Parking: Parking is limited to 2 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted.
- Pool Area: For your safety, no running or jumping in the pool or the pool deck and no diving into the pool!The pool is not deep enough and guests could be seriously injured! The deck, tiles and pool can be slippery, so please be very careful around the pool area and beach area. In case of an emergency, the staff has access to a ﬁrst aid kit.
- Housekeeping: There is daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is also included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels if you plan on taking them from the villa. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the villa. Please do not sit on the furniture in wet clothing or with sun-tan oil/ lotion without a towel. Ask the staff for a beach towel, as there should be plenty around in the baskets.
- Amenities: We provide bath soap. Other amenities, such as shampoo, conditioner and personal products, medicines, etc. you should bring. Annette can arrange your personal laundry and should be informed of the type of detergent to purchase. Please note however, that we cannot accept liability for any damaged/soiled/ruined garments that are as a result of the laundry process. Do not remove the beach towels from our villa. If they are lost, there is a US$50.00 charge per towel for replacement.
- Robes: There are two robes for your use in each bedroom. Please do not remove from the villa, as a US$50.00 charge per robe will be charged for replacement.
- Safety: For your safety and peace of mind, there is a security patrol that patrols The Lagoons 24/7. If you have any questions coming into The Lagoons, the gate will call the villa for them to be approved to come in. Please let the staff know if you are expecting anyone. Do not let anyone in that you do not know.
- Do not tell strangers where you are staying and do not accept transportation unless recommended by management.
- That being said, Jamaica’s north coast is quite safe and there are lots of fun activities and places to see. Use common sense.
- Fire pit: The fire pit is a non-vented propane gas fired firebox. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fire pit.
- Safes: We do provide safes in each bedroom. Do not leave money, jewelry, etc. out. Our staff cannot take responsibility for valuables left lying around.
- Lagoons Community: Our villa is in The Lagoons gated community. There is a large pool for you to use as well as two tennis courts, one of which is lighted. You can reserve a court time and purchase tokens for the lights from The Lagoons ofﬁce or the local pro, Frank. His number is 876-419-6096 and The Lagoons ofﬁce number is 876-684-9317. Annette can also make these arrangements for you.
- Management: We employ a local management company to assist and manage our villa. They are there if you should need them and their information is listed below.
Vaughans Villa Management
Your contact person is Grace Robinson